- Overall info
- Paf Sportsbook Review
- Paf Casino
- Customer Service
- PAF Bonuses
- Deposit and withdrawal
- Special betting options
- Paf mobile
- Our verdict
- Customer Review
PAF sportsbook and casino is a Scandinavian platform famous for being the first charity bookmaker. Today they remain in the status of a reputable gambling site, primarily focused on the Scandinavian market. They feature a modern gambling platform with sports betting and casino services and also offer their services offline, with brick-and-mortar casinos located on the boards of cruise ships.
Our PAF betting review is dedicated to the Paf website and the most significant pros and cons of their products. We will consider Paf’s betting odds, casino offers, bonuses, and promotions and give you the company’s overall opinion.
PAF is a gambling website that is mainly associated with its charity operations. However, they are a charity organization and a trusted sportsbook and casino with a number of relatively strong betting offers and high-quality casino games. For your information: the name of the website is an abbreviation for Play Among Friends.
The site is exclusively available for Finnish, Swedish, Spanish, Latvian, and Estonian members; the others can enjoy PAF’s casinos if they travel with St. Peter Line, Silja Line, Viking Line, Tallink, and other cruise ships.
PAF is a pretty old gambling company: they appeared in 1966 in Åland Islands to become the first charity bookmaker. Their business model’s point was that they gained profit from the winning bets’ margin and donated the whole amount of the lost wagers to Finnish Red Cross, Save the Children Fund and other non-profit charity Scandinavian organizations. In 1999, they launched a website and continued their charity gambling operations online. They were awarded as the best socially responsible gaming company several times and have gained much trust among the sports bettors. It became the first sports betting site and an online casino to limit the users in terms of their losses instead of the winnings and dedicate much time to prevent the punters from problem gambling.
PAF is a legal bookmaker and holds more than one license to operate legitimately in all jurisdictions they consider as their audience. As an offline casino chain for the cruise ships, PAF obtained licensed of the following countries’ gambling committees:
To work as a legal online betting site and a digital casino, PAF was also registered with the following authorities:
- Lotteries and Gambling Supervisory Inspection of Latvia;
- Directorate General for the Regulation of Gambling in Spain.
Besides, they hold online gambling licenses in Aland, Sweden, and Estonia, too. PAF’s casino is accredited with eCOGRA and comes through regular inspections from eCOGRA, which means the players can be sure that the Random Number Generator in table games and slots works appropriately, and the website meets the Fair Gaming standards.
Paf Sportsbook Review
PAF offers more than thirty sports disciplines and non-sporting events to wager on; like all online sportsbooks, they have pre-match and in-play markets. The sports betting section has a convenient layout and allows you to search by sports, markets, leagues, participants, or teams. Besides, you have instant access to the live scores, results, and statistics.
On the left of the page, you can see top popular events to wager on.
There are also betting options for TV Shows and Novelties and Political wagers.
Pre Match line
The most saturated action line is offered for Soccer in the pre-match section, which is pretty obvious because there is a vast number of daily soccer events taking place in all parts of the world daily. However, if you compare PAF’s soccer odds and margins, it becomes evident that this is not the primary focus of this bookmaker. Speaking about more lucrative pre-match offers, you will find up to three hundred events for ice hockey, about four thousand events for tennis, up to a thousand events for American football and Basketball.
You can also place pre-match wagers on eSports; PAF offers a decent selection of eSports titles, as follows:
- Counter-Strike: GO;
- Call Of Duty;
- Dota 2;
- League of Legends;
- Rainbow Six;
- StarCraft 2.
Like many Scandinavian-focused sportsbooks, PAF has a great offer for ice hockey and offers many props, a range of exotic bets, and superior odds for hockey events. They cover various international ice hockey leagues:
- World Championship;
- Champions Hockey League.
PAF offers boosted odds for particular markets; you can find a link to Boosted odds markets on the main page. For the bettors’ convenience, PAF offers to switch between three odds formats: American, Decimal, and Fractional.
PAF takes care of publishing the odds on time and sometimes releases a number of lines among the first.
Besides traditional sports, you can become a manager in a Fantasy Sports section; this division is available exclusively for the registered users.
The live section offers from about fifty to seventy events to wager on, depending on the season and number of available games. Before you start gambling, you can customize your PAF account: it is possible to set an odds change menu, and the odds change behavior. There are three options:
- Accept all odds changes;
- Accept higher odds;
- Ask for approval.
The coverage of various sports varies. For instance, you can find up to seventy markets for the Wimbledon tournament and wager on the following:
- Match Odds;
- Total Games for each set;
- Game Handicap for each set;
- Tiebreak Winner for each set;
- First to 2/3/4 Games in each set;
- Correct Score for each set, and more.
At the same time, eSports in-play betting is much more limited; there might be no more than a couple of live betting options for a single match. Overall, the coverage may vary depending on a particular event.
Although there are convenient statistics designed in a format of visual graphics and updated in real-time mode, PAF does not offer a live streaming function. However, this does not spoil the overall impression of all betting types as everything works smoothly, and the technical side is perfectly implemented at both desktop and mobile versions.
PAF is a very competitive bookmaker, and compared to many gambling veterans, they are able to maintain high odds and low margins for a pretty vast number of events. To make it straightforward, let’s just see the margins they offer for the most popular sports disciplines:
- Soccer: 6%: there are better offers in the industry, and some sportsbooks manage to lower the Soccer margins to less than 2%. However, it is pretty good for a bookmaker that is not focused on the British audience and mainly attracts a betting public with different wagering interests;
- Basketball: 4% or less for most matches: one of the top offers among the best-rated bookies worldwide;
- Tennis: 4% or less for the most significant events;
- Ice Hockey: 3,5% on average, including exotic markets and prop bets.
The average PAF’s margin is 4,6% which is lower than the typical mediocre value of 5%, so if you can use PAF’s services, you will definitely find yourself at a decent lucrative sportsbook with various betting options and profitable price.
PAF was initially an online casino brand, so their casino entertainment is superior. They do not offer a special section for a casino, so you must switch between the following tabs:
- Video Poker;
- Live Casino;
Casino games are powered by several top-tier providers: NetEnt, Play N Go, QuickFire Microgaming, NetEnt, NextGen Gaming, 1X2 Gaming, and more. The gaming library is updated regularly so you can find new and famous classical titles. There is a range of games available at PAF exclusively.
All casino entertainment is available via a desktop browser or via a mobile device. PAF casino does not require any downloadable software, and all games are designed for instant play.
The slot’s library is vast: there are more than two thousand titles, divided into several sections. You can choose from the following categories:
- New Games: various new titles are added regularly, and you can find new exclusive Megaways slots, classical games, and jackpots;
- Popular Games: PAF’s recommendations are based on the users’ choice. Among them are the famous Starburst, Double Joker Slot, Book of Dead, and more;
- Jackpot Slots: this section features progressive jackpots with pools ranging from €25,000 to €7,000,000. This library involves Hall of Gods, Mega Fortune, Mega Moolah, Empire Fortune, and more, with fifty titles overall;
- Paf Exclusive: at the moment, there are thirty-four exclusive PAF games, which involve plain machines with unusual graphics and design, and jackpots;
- Grid: Thirty-four various grid slots;
- Very High Volatility: You can choose from two hundred and thirty-five volatile slots;
- Megaways: One hundred and seven Megaways titles: Gonzo’s Quest, Monopoly Megaways, Diamond Mine, etc.;
- Daily Jackpots: selection of sixty-three slots.
You can try most slots in the demo version without registration and real-money deposits. There are daily slot tournaments, for instance, the €250 Monday evening tournament in the Hall of Gods slot.
Besides slots, you can opt for forty-seven table games (twenty Roulette variants, twelve options for Blackjack, live Baccarat games, and thirteen miscellaneous games like Sic Bo). PAF features two exclusive Roulette and two exclusive Blackjack titles. Under the Video Poker tab, you will find seven games. Besides, you can participate in regular Bingo games and Lottery.
The Live Casino section involves forty-three games; you can search by a game name or a provider. All games are powered by Evolution Gaming which implies having professional dealers and high-quality software 24/7. You can choose from the following options:
- Live Dealer Roulette: eighteen titles, including different roulette versions like Immersive Roulette, Lightning Roulette, Instant and Auto Roulettes, and more;
- Six Live Blackjack titles;
- Thirteen Game Shows: Craps, Megaball, and others;
- Six Live Dealer Poker titles;
- Four variants of Live Baccarat.
PAF’s online Poker is powered by Playtech and offers a range of lucrative promotions with cash prizes or valuable gifts.
To contact the customer support advisors of PAF bet, you must check the tab called ‘Helpdesk.’ It offers three options to help you with any questions and issues:
- Chat: customer support representatives reply to chats immediately during working hours;
- Email: you can use an email address [email protected], or send your inquiry via a special form right on the website; PAF replies to the emails within thirty minutes during working hours;
- FAQ section.
Users regularly give positive feedback about the PAF’s customer support and claim that the agents reply quickly and do their best to help you with any issues promptly. Unfortunately, you can not contact the customer care division anytime, as they are available from 7 a.m. until 1 a.m. daily without days off.
However, you can find replies to most questions in the FAQ: this section is very detailed and comprehensive. All articles are divided into several parts: Account, Payments, Technical Issues, Bonuses, Poker, Bingo, Sports, and more.
Unlike many world-leading bookmakers, PAF does not offer any welcome bonus: neither for a sports betting section nor for a casino or a poker room. They lack a bit of sport betting promotions overall, with a more significant focus made on poker and casino activities. However, there are still a number of offers you can opt for as a new or a regular customer.
We will give you the list of current promotions for sports betting, casino, and Poker. The terms and conditions and the list of bonuses constantly change as they are mostly seasonal, so we recommend checking the complete list on the promotion page of PAF. They publish new promotions before they become active, so be careful not to miss new offers.
|Monopoly Live Offer
|Play Monopoly Live and gain points for each bet on rolls. The prize pool is €1,500 divided between 10 places.
|Win a trip package to Bratislava
|Play qualifying poker games in the PAF poker room and win a trip to the Poker Festival in Bratislava worth €1,500.
|Cash Prizes for Betting on Euro
|Make bets on Euro 2020 and become a part of a betting lottery, where you can win €20 of free bets.
|Free Rounds in Cash And Carry Poker
|You must activate this PAF bonus offer to be eligible for claiming the bonus. Play Cash and Carry Poker for €20, and get 20 free rounds or play for €40 to receive 40 free rounds.
|When you register an account, you automatically become a member of Club PAF to participate in various betting tournaments with cash prizes, trips, free spins, and more.
Deposit and withdrawal
PAF is pretty limited in terms of banking methods. You can not use credit and debit cards and many other traditional methods you might be used to see at gambling sites.
You can deposit using the following options:
- Bank Transfer: you can deposit using your bank account or Trustly system. The method is available for a limited number of banks, including Nordea, Danske Bank, S-Pankki, Aktia, and others;
- Siirto: a mobile payment system available for the customers of several Scandinavian banks; it allows you to make payments via a Siirto mobile app;
- Skrill: PAF recommends their members to deposit in EUR if they use Skrill in order to avoid conversion fees.
Among the withdrawal options are the following:
- Siirto: this method is not always available for payouts; PAF can refuse to withdraw via Siirto if you are a new customer and do not have a regular withdrawal history or have any doubts about your reliability.
- Bank Transfer: if you do not have access to Siirto, you have the only option to receive a payout: you must click the Withdraw button and provide PAF with the IBAN number of your bank account.
The minimal withdrawal is €10 for both methods.
Special betting options
- Cash-Out: specific markets are eligible for cashing out. You can take your stake back before the match ends or request a partial cash-out;
- PAF Payback: a special betting offer for Soccer, Ice Hockey, Tennis, and Basketball. Terms and conditions vary depending on the discipline. For instance, if you bet on the Moneyline in Soccer, and your bet is lost during regular time, you will get a refund of your stake if there is a goal during the match outcome. Only particular leagues are available for Payback: Premier League, La Liga, and Champions League;
- Match Center: detailed live statistics for most teams and leagues.
The mobile website is pretty convenient, although it does not look or work like an app. Still, you can reach all betting markets, customer support, casino games, including live dealer casino tables, and a poker room from any mobile device supporting a stable Internet connection.
PAF is a decent gambling platform that has gained much reputation and trust — primarily for its approach towards customers, employees, and charity operations. They were not involved in any shady operations or scandals, so if you wager with PAF, you can feel secure about your personal details and expect guaranteed payouts of your winnings.
PAF has an extensive casino games collection with a variety of exclusive titles, but their betting offer is pretty limited. Still, you can find lucrative odds for particular markets and comparatively low margins, so overall it is a decent sportsbook for ice hockey, tennis, and basketball enthusiasts. Deposit limits and loss limitations can attract recreational players, but not sports betting professionals.
PAF is not approved by any gambling licensing authorities in the United States, so you can not legally bet with PAF in any state. PAF does not provide its services for the US customers as an offshore digital casino and does not accept users from any locations but Finland, Sweden, Latvia, Spain, and Estonia.
PAF is registered with several jurisdictions for providing Internet gambling services and brick-and-mortar casino gambling entertainment onboard. It has active licenses at local gambling commissions in Aland Islands, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, and Spain. They hold two types of permits in Aland, Sweden, and Estonia: the first one for the cruise ships casinos and the second one for the website. PAF's casino gaming products are controlled by eCOGRA.
PAF poker room is available for the same limited number of countries qualifying for creating an account for sports betting and casino gaming: Finland, Spain, Latvia, Estonia, and Sweden. Although their poker room is partly powered by GTech, an international poker network, you can only play against PAF customers via PAF's poker room.
PAF's promotions do not include any new account bonus. There are no welcome offers for sports betting, casino, and other PAF divisions, so you can opt for the other rewards, which usually come as seasonal, temporary promotions.